Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Grand Junction Wedding Decorating Show




Grand Junction Wedding Catering Decorating Show


 



I took a lot of prep pictures for the wedding show and quite a few
pictures of the finished product at the booth. I am going to have to
bring this info to you in parts. The Wedding Show is very important to
the catering business. We have most of the summer booked but need to
constantly reinforce in the publics mind our position as THE caterer for
weddings that count.



We do attend a lot of food shows and catering shows to gain ideas for
presentation in our area of the world. Zane saw a presentation of fruit
for a chocolate fountain that was wild. It was also expensive so we
figured out how to make our own. The Western Colorado Wedding Show is a
great time for us, lots of work, but a great time. To give you an idea
you can read the first wedding show blog if you want to. Basically we
start months in advance talking about what the booth will be like, it
finally gels and we have to get down to business. For me it will be an
all day Friday til 2:30 AM Saturday, back at 8 AM Saturday til 1 AM and
back at 3:30AM Sunday morning to plate for the show. We all have these
type of hours so it is not just me.



I did do my English Trifle presentation this year. It did receive a lot
of interest. Which we wanted it to, our plan is to add a Bridal
Reception Afternoon Tea (low tea) to our services offered for the
brides.



I offer to you my version of the English trifle, displayed as I like
things, non-traditionally! When I do put on our Low Tea function this
brings those really neat Red Hat Society ladies to their feet!










Now that you are all thrilled with an English trifle, we move on to
another money maker. Chocolate Fountains, we have a lot of them, little
ones and big ones but the presentation of the fruit has always been a
problem. Zane found this idea and brought it to me, I researched it and
broke it down to how it could be made, I passed that back to Zane and he
made it.



First you build the tree and load it with fruit and marshmallow and
such.








Then you load the leaves onto it so it starts to look like a palm








Then you take it to the show and put it on the linens and you end up
with a display like this:

















So there you have it a way to present the fruit in a much more
professional manner. And as we are always fighting for space, using the
vertical to hold what was spread out horizontal always helps the display
look tighter and brighter!





I will have more about the aspects of the Grand Junction Wedding Show as
I work through the pictures to build the 06 website up for the things we
did at the show. Lots and lots of work but lots of fun as well. And Al
had the big launch of his business which will be a blog of its own since
Chef Al doesn't seem to blog. Lets just say it was a great great launch.
I know he booked one today already.



Tell we talk again, sit down with a nice white and enjoy!

Chef Bob Ballantyne

The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

Grand Junction, Colorado, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment