Monday, February 6, 2006

Wedding Show 2006 Grand Junction, Colorado




Grand Junction Wedding Show 2006 Presentation


 



While I mentioned in other blogs the importance of the Grand Junction
Wedding Show, I have not mentioned the opportunity it opens as we expose
brides to new possibilities for having their reception be very very very
special.



First, I like service add ons, (that are value added, meaning we can
charge for it) by that I mean it is real nice to show them a menu and
quote a price, but I like the brides to have options for adding special
services, so this year we added in two options we hope will increase
bookings. First the Afternoon Tea (Low Tea) which we hope in a year will
have several Maids of Honor booking Afternoon Tea for their bridal
shower. This is one of those ideas you throw out there and put in front
of 2006 brides, not expecting them to sign up, but all the brides maids
running around get to see it, and when its their turn to be Maid of
Honor or a bride we hope they remember and want this neat thing they saw
at the wedding show. The second thing we are putting out there is the
Cheese Cave a special presentation still in its infancy but sure to pull
in more money as an add on service. I think this will be a big part of
every wedding in latter 2006 and all of 2007.



So the cheese cave starts with Chef Ballantyne hanging out with the
granite guys. This was suggested by C2C's own Chef Florian of the
Chimney park Bistro. Yes it has paid off well. The Rock Cutter is my
friend and holds pieces for me he thinks are interesting and that I
might want to look at, I stop over every two weeks or so to check out
the pieces.



Then we put Chef Mike to work on building the thing before transport.








As he continues to work on the display it comes together








Then it takes a ride to the display booth and is assembled in position.
In the mean time we work on the live serving side. We feel that our
competitors using only pictures of food in their booth gives us a chance
to well pound them into the ground a little. I am not saying that
someone is suggesting there is a reason they bring pictures instead of
letting you taste food, but what reason is there for not letting the
brides have a taste of what you sell? Ah, once again the straw man is set
up and burned to the ground!








This is one of the tasting table displays. I was doing a side by side on
the Trout and Salmon for the brides as well as our own smoked cured ham
and Bar-B-Q'd beef brisket. At the other end of the booth we also had
the appetizers out for tasting.



All in all the tasting tables came together the way I expected. That is
not to say we can not improve for next year. We can always improve, but
all in all I think we accomplished what we came to accomplish. And I
hope you will agree as we blog through the other theme tables in the
weeks to come.



And lets not forget my favorite part of this years show. Chef Al and his
wife Mary launched the business. I want you to see this happy picture
now. We will compare it in a blog later next year to see how the hours
of cake building are affecting these smiles. Hopefully the smiles will
still be there. They did have a great launch and I know Chef Al is
booking cakes!










It is a little cool out tonight I would suggest a nice Hot Buttered Rum
and sit and read a little. Personally I have the wood stove cranked up
and the Hot Buttered Rum already poured! Join me won't you?



Til we talk again, take care



Chef Bob Ballantyne

The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

Grand Junction, Colorado, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment