Tuesday, December 6, 2005

Next Up Lawyer's Christmas Party




Next up the Lawyer Christmas Party


 



So I head in today to start to put together what I need for a Wednesday
night Christmas Party. This one is really small 16 people plus staff
should be around 21 total. Hell I think I could throw this together in 2
hours, but this is my personal and business law office so special it
will be:



So far I have decided on a wine contrasting menu. I set the menu:



Merlot marinated Braised Duck Breast with a raspberry sauce also plated
with a Smoked Pheasant pierogi glazed with a apple cider glaze. Roasted
Yellow flesh fingerling Idaho's and three asparagus tips wrapped in
Smoked Pheasant cracklings'.



I think I will do the apple stuffed mushroom soup and a salad and maybe
a chocolate cake for dessert. All contrasted with the Two Rivers Winery
2004 Merlot.



Today I just started the stock and pheasant for the pierogi. I did lamb
ravioli for a party the other night. It was OK but I used egg roll
wrappers to do the ravioli with that night to save time. I am going to
build the pasta myself for the pierogi as I am not happy with how the
egg roll wrapper performed while being held.



The pierogi will be chopped smoked pheasant with a green apple pie
filling mixed into it. Then finished with a royal dice honey glazed
carrot. Folded, sealed and pan fried in butter.


Chef Bob Ballantyne

The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

Grand Junction, Colorado, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment