Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Tomorrow the Recipe gets tested!




Tomorrow the New Recipe gets tested


 



Prepping for the Christmas party tonight. Only 22 people could probably
do it in my sleep. But the exciting part is tomorrow. For the first time

Mexican Grits
will be tested in prime time on real people. The
supplies should up yesterday. I find this part of recipe development the
coolest. I mean you make it, you taste it, have everyone in the kitchen
taste it, but until a client writes a check for the product it is still
just an idea.



The real question will be do they request it after they have had it the
first time? When they are asking for it, that's when you know you have
come up with a winner. I really like them as did EC Zane. But ultimately
what we like does not really count until the customer says they want it
again it is just something we served.



Here's hoping it goes well and is requested for next Thursday's
breakfast.



Well off to the kitchen, have to prep the duck, finish the pheasant,
prep the potatoes, asparagus, and soup stock. More tomorrow about how
this evening went and what is up for Friday and Saturday I see I am on
the schedule all day for both days. I think I will bring in a 12 pack of
Christmas Corona's to celebrate the Christmas Party Season being in full
swing!



Oh and I will need to check out Al's (big dog chef) finger he says it is
getting pretty cool looking as it is changing colors and stuff. Man in
the scar world I think this will be a winner in the competition.


Chef Bob Ballantyne

The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

Grand Junction, Colorado, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment