Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Back to Sauces




 Back to Sauces


 



I was screwing around this weekend making dinner for my wife. I was
playing with asparagus and proscuitto again. When I was getting ready to
put everything to fire I realized I was out of the shortcut I use for
Hollandaise sauce. So I made it from scratch. I have been using the
short cut for so long I had forgotten the true taste profile of this
wonderful sauce. While the shear size of the caterings we do won't allow
me to build all sauces from scratch, I have decided to renew my taste
profile memory by building all my sauces at home from scratch again. I
was astounded by how faded my taste memory was on true hollandaise. I am
sure the rest of the mothers are pretty well faded to, so time to
retrain the brain on these sauces' taste profiles.

 



Chef Bob Ballantyne

The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

Grand Junction, Colorado, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment