Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Start Building

 Start Building




Starting to build the menu items that will be offered at the March of Dimes fund raiser, the Taste of the Grand Valley fund raiser and the Wedding Show. All of which come up in the next three months. Al will be busy with his cakes as we use the events to roll out his new cake business. Even though Al is a year older today, he really does not look much over 60 or so. I am thinking we are going to do Pheasant, Duck and quail this year along with the smoked trout recipe I have been working on.




I am still racking my brains to come up with the new unique dessert for the year. I really would like to go
soufflé but they are so damn hard to hold for transport. Then I had an idea with some old fashion bread pudding in the ramekins with whiskey. We have brick pizza ovens in the new kitchen and I think it we made sour dough breads artisan style and diced them up we would have a winner. But some of the younger set does not think it would be well received. I was thinking maybe line the bottom of the ramekin with a vanilla custard and some crushed vanilla wafers, then go on top with the bread pudding and hit is with the whiskey sauce.




Took out the fresh hams they have been frozen long enough to be Trig free now, so time to cure and then smoke them I will drop the fresh sides for bacon at the same time.

Tonight I have to make the fruit cakes for Christmas so they will have the time they need in the freezer.




Rereading Rick Bayless’s cook book. Man this guy is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment