Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Kitchen Picking up Speed for the weekend



Kitchen picking up speed for the weekend


 



So I drop down to the kitchen today after lunch, I have to haul over the
hams to keep them homogenous. Anyway for days I have been coming down,
preparing hams or smoking hams and nobody has been around. This time of
year weekends are it for catering. Nice to have the break, but it was
nice being in the kitchen and having people around to talk with about
things. I cut a slice off the ham and Big Dog Chef had a taste at it. He
did not puke so I assume it was OK. Zane is out with the flu but Mary
Lou was in and had a taste. She liked it a lot. So looks like people
with taste buds like it as well.



Have a Christmas party for 14 December 7, 2005. Doing duck breast and a
smoked pheasant ravioli, the yellow Yukon Gold fingerling potatoes and
bacon wilted collard greens. I have to decide on the salad and soup and
dessert yet. Anyway more as that develops. Busy weekend for the catering
company, I will be in Durango at my daughters concert. The bassoon is
very interesting at college level.



Take care and blog at ya later!

Chef Bob Ballantyne

The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

Grand Junction, Colorado, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment