Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Dark Kitchen Working Hams



 Dark Kitchen working hams


 



Well it is the slow time of the year for the catering business. Kind of
weird to walk into the kitchen and have it dark. But its kind of a good
change, took the time to do a Frittata today for lunch while I was down
hauling the hams on the bottom to the top and pushing that hams on the
top to the bottom. I have to do this to keep the flavor balanced on all
the hams for consistency.



So I diced up some pepper, pimento, and onions along with the ham that I
smoked Monday. Laid in the eggs and hit the fry pan with it. Placed it
in the oven to finish it high and light. Damn nice product, this year
with the ham.



Been called up to cook for the Wine Board December 9, 2005. I really
like working these small dinners, get a chance to do things you can not
do when you are cooking for 150 or more. Surf and Turf for this one. As
an added bonus the main Chateau is booked for a 100 person event and we
are not doing the catering. Gives me the opportunity to send our food
over for the Chateau Crew and floor the competitor as people start
asking about the other plates that showed up. I hope it is someone that
turned us down on price and went with the local utility caterer. Always
a fun time, for me not the competitor.


Chef Bob Ballantyne

The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

Grand Junction, Colorado, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment