Monday, November 21, 2005

Boulder Creek Riesling




 Boulder Creek Riesling


 



Well preparations are well on there way for the Thanksgiving feast at
home. This year is a little unusual as my daughter has been away at
college. With her gone I am missing my taster commentator person for the
things I am making. My son and wife are not adventurous when it comes to
trying new stuff.



So with Rachel back this weekend for the Thanksgiving break from college
we have been rolling through the tastings to see what can be made and
will be edible. This weekend was appies and wine.



We have decided on the Riesling from Boulder Creek Winery.

http://www.bouldercreekwine.com/
this really surprised me as in
blind test after blind test I always pick the Riesling from Parker
Carlson's Carlson's Vineyard. This year the nose and taste of the
Boulder Creek Riesling was just a little brighter than the traditional
Riesling.



Tonight we are testing a new potato stuffing for the bird this week.



Chef Bob Ballantyne  

The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

Grand Junction, Colorado, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment